Sunday 16 October 2011

Mustard Poppy Chicken

Moon sighted at 11 p.m last night ..phew !! Hubby had given me a deadline of 11 p.m as his hunger pangs were raging (unlike mine strangely ) and it was 10.58 I think on my cellphone display that there was a burst of white moonlight behind a big black cloud..I did shed a tear or two at the relief and then literally prayed in fast forward motion before the hide and seek game ended..but All is Well that ends well..ended the day with my dinner of Urad Dal Kachori and Aloo subzi...
Still recovering from the fatigue and somehow Sunday makes everything lazier...I have an evening out with girlfriends..hubby has a TV dinner planned..whipping up something quick n filling for him before stepping out..
Cooking chicken is always tricky for me as I cant eat it myself being vegetarian so coming up with flavours and combinations is also challenging...but chicken is an easy meat and lends itself to all cuisines and tastes equally well. This recipe is from my 1000 recipes book again...

Ingredients

4 chicken leg pieces

For the marinade
2 tablespoons poppy seeds (khus khus)
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard paste (use any other mustard sauce )
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)

Salt
Pepper

1. Mix all ingredients of the marinade
2. Marinade the chicken for 3-4 hours (I made it immediately though)
3. Place the chicken on a baking tray and place in the center rack of the oven and cook at 220 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes till brown and crisp ...turn the pieces over once in between to cook on all sides.
4. Serve with chilli sauce and salad..and switch on the TV !


No comments:

Post a Comment