Thursday 15 March 2012

Eggless Whole Wheat n Oat Muffins

Had a 'Low Cal Desserts ' cookery contest in my gym yesterday.. I missed taking part in it as I was unaware about the contest ! (just thought the notice put up for it was one of the usual do's and dont's notice :) Anyways , got me thinking what would I have made had I entered ..and this is what I came up with..muffinswith no maida, hardly any oil/butter and almost sugar-free (honey is a naturally great source for sugar ) Adapted this from joyofbaking.com ..verdict please !:)


Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)

1 cup atta
1 cup oats (I used regular Dr Quackers)
1 cup grated carrot
1/3 cup brown sugar/demerara sugar
1/4 cup yoghurt
2 tablespoons oil (regular vegetable oil)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
1 1/4 cup (300ml) skimmed milk
1/4 honey

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
2. Grind the oats in the dry grinder into a fine powder
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flours,sugar,baking powder,baking soda,cinnamon powder,carrot)
3.Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl (yoghurt,oil,milk,vanilla essence)
4.Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk till just mixed.
5.Divide into muffin cups lined with cup cake paper liners.
6. Bake on the center rack for 18-20 minutes till toothcpick comes out clean.
7. Serve warm :)



2 comments:

  1. YOu make it sound so easy, I'm definitely going to try it! Thanks :-) Shruti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup muffins are really easy unlike cakes where u have to beat nbeat n beat ..lemme know the result :)

    ReplyDelete