Tuesday 1 November 2011

Mint n Garlic Fried Rice

This note from a friend has made my day..
"Hey Sparrow(name changed:).. thanks for awakening the inner cook in me.. ur blog is an inspiration.. I never knew I wud be back in the kitchen so soon with 2 little ones... tried ur cheese tartlets, salan (made with chote baingan) and cheesecake today.. all came out sooo well.. thanks for sharing this blog and as I said 'reviving' the cook in me :))"
My reply - There is no better stress reliever for me than cooking and I am glad I can share that feeling with others through my blog !
Anyway, if I have not mentioned this earlier then I am now- my husband loves rice more than anything in the world (maybe me also :)) ..so every meal has to and has to have rice ..I have to make rice along with pav bhaji/chaat/idli sambhar/pizza..and so on ..you get the gist :)
So I am on the constant look out for rice variations and this recipe is my dear friend Richa's which I tried out today..I served it with raita and papad but you can try it with any cuisine.

Ingredients


4 cups cooked rice (I used long grain basmati)
1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
1 bay leaf (tejpata)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt

To grind into a paste
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 teaspoon shahi jeera (this is smaller than regular jeera)
1 badi eleichi
2-3 cloves
7-8 peppercorns
1 teaspoon regular jeera
7-8 mint leaves

1. Heat the oil. Add the bayleaf ,green chilli and fry for few seconds.
2. Add the onion and cook till light brown.
3. Add the ground paste and fry for a minute with the onion on a medium flame.
4. Add the mint leaves and toss for a few seconds.
5. Stir in the rice with the salt and lime juice. Toss well to combine everything uniformly
6. Turn off the gas and cover with a lid for a few minutes before serving


No comments:

Post a Comment